I love love grapes. Their sweeteness and crunch is addictive to me and I think I love them all the ways.
No doubt though, one of my favourite methods is to roast them until perfectly pumped and caramelized. Add them to toast and something salty and… SCORE!
That’s exactly what I did today with this crunchy toast: savoury cashew-paprika spread, fresh radish slices, roasted grapes and a sprinkle of thyme. I used the same base recipe for the spread as this cashew cream base. It is a great staple to have in the fridge, because you can use it for either savoury or sweet treats, as a sauce, a kind of a béchamel, or even as an icecream base. It only depends on the flavourings of add to it.
Let’s make this toast?
Roasted Grapes on Toast
(for the cashew spread)
2 tbsp raw cashews
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
1 pinch sea salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
(assembling the toast)
2 slices of wholegrain bread
1 bunch of grapes
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
80 gr thinly sliced radish
1. Previously, soak the cashews in abundant water for 4-8 hours.
2. Discard soaking water and blend well, adding the water if needed (2 tbsp), until you get a really creamy and thick consistency. Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend again until smooth.
4. On a small baking tray, lay the grapes and season them with thyme, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil. On the side, lay the bread slices. Bake everything until golden, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cut the radishs in thin slices and keep them in cold water to add more crunch.
6. Assemble the toast: spread a thick layer of the cashew-paprika cream on the toasted bread; add the radishes and finish with the roasted grapes. Garnish with more thyme leaves and it’s ready to eat!