Ladies and gentlemen, I present you my favourite Holidays’ sidedish: these roasted carrots are so simple and delicious that you won’t believe. They are easy to make – just season and roast – and they hold well in the fridge – perfect leftovers!
They go perfectly with my MeatLESS Loaf and this purple variety looks beautiful on the Christmas table. You can use orange carrots though, or parsnips, or a mix of them all!
This year I had the privilege of being invited to share my Xmas table decoration at In & Young blog so if you wanna see in more detail what my table looked like, check it out! The text is in Portuguese but you’ll still enjoy the photos 🙂
Roasted Carrots with Pinenuts and Dates
10 long carrots, I used the purple variety
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
1 tsp sea salt
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp water
4 Medjool dates, chopped
100 gr pine nuts
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170ºc.
2. Wash the carrots well, don’t need to peel them if organic (they should!) and cut them lengthways.
3. In a mortar and pestle, pound the coriander seeds until roughly powdered. Add cumin, salt and mix well.
4. Season the carrots with the spice mix, olive oil, and water after laying them on a baking paper-covered tray.
5. Add the chopped dates and pine nuts and combine.
6. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
7. Serve with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Show me your p/c recipes by tagging them on Instagram with #pleaseconsiderfood.