You know when your skin is looking dull and you feel it needs an extra something? We all love that Spring/Summer morning glow on our skin but sometimes it’s just not there! Wether it’s lack of sun or changes in our diet, there are some steps we can take to make our skin feel and look more vibrant and glowy.
In all honesty – what you eat, if you’re active, hormonal issues, the environment you’re surrounded with, your stress levels, your lifestyle all contribute to the quality of your skin, specially of your face.
Today I am sharing seven tips that I use regularly and with which I notice a fair difference when it comes to the looks and feels of my skin.
Take a look at your facial routine:
- Make sure you’re washing your face the best way for your skin — for me, it’s all about cleansing milk (good for drier types) and a damp cotton cloth, for you it can be cleansing foam (sometimes better for oily skin), etc;
- Check if when you apply moisturizer your skin feels 1. hydrated (water and minerals) and 2. nurtured (essential healthy fats);
- Try applying a serum before your regular moisturizer and notice the changes;
- Exfoliate regularly, like once a week is perfect. Adding sugar to your moisturizer can be the easiest option but there are a million homemade recipes out there;
- Apply a good face mask every now and again — you don’t even need to leave the house: honey is a great ingredient for a face mask, add tea tree oil or ACV (apple cider vinegar) for oily skin and coconut or olive oil for extra-nourishing properties.
- Experiment with a stronger moisturizer at night, or apply a thicker layer, and let it absorb well before sleep;
- Use homemade tonics – these are the freshest they can be and that will translate on to your skin! Here’s my favourite recipe for a beautiful glow:
Also sharing this great tonic that I make as often as I can.
It is so easy and smells so SO good!
Can’t wait for you to try it!
Floral Feel Amazing Face Tonic
1 tablespoon rose water
4 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops lemon essential oil
1. Still well all ingredients and store in the fridge.
2. For toning the skin, soak a cotton pad with one teaspoon of the tonic and apply on the face in circular movements.
This is enough for about 4 days, using both morning and night. You wanna keep it in the fridge and make it regularly to stay fresh and mantain all its properties.