I’ve been making kale chips for years and every now and again I like to change up the flavours a little bit. This time I added curry powder and YUM they tasted so good!
You can add almost literally any flavour. I love the “cheeziness” of nutritional yeast, also dried herbs go well and plain Dijon mustard is probably my favourite. Feel free to adjust to your own liking and use this recipe as a base for your own kale chip creation!
Thought about sharing this quick quick recipe with you so here it goes, without further ado:
Curry Kale Chips
2 tbsp raw cashews
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp water
1 pinch sea salt
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp curry powder
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 bunch of dino kale (or other kind of kale)
1. Previously soak the cashews in abundant water for 4-8 hours.
2. Discard soaking water and blend well, adding the water if needed (2 tbsp), until you get a really creamy and thick consistency. Preheat the oven to 80ºc.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend again.
4. Wash and cut the kale to chip-size pieces. Pour in the curry cream and coat very well each kale leaf.
5. Place the kale on a lined baking tray, make sure the leaves are evenly separated and bake until completely dry and crispy.