So, it’s official – at least in sunny Lisbon – Autumn has finally arrived. Cloudy days, rainy mornings, leaves everywhere, shorter afternoons and that cold crisp breeze are all here to stay.
Cold season is not my favourite but, with that said, there are a few things I do enjoy: movies curled up in a blanket; roasted chestnuts on the streets; blue skies on a cold day; tea all day; lattes in the morning and afternoon.
I do take coffee – with plant milk, it’s probably my favourite drink ever – but I also like to replace it for a few other options sometimes. It’s great to have a break from coffee every once in a while, check out this great article about it.
With that in mind, I love other lattes and I’ve done countless recipes* for them.
* if you wanna taste my lattes, go to My Mother’s Daughters, in Lisbon, for whom I’ve developed all their superfood drinks.
* check out my golden latte big batch recipe here.
Adaptogens have been highly on trend for a reason. They are known to help manage stress and help our body adapt to different situations. In this recipe I am using Ashwagandha, a plant used for more than 3000 years in Ayurveda that helps to relieve stress, increase energy levels and improve concentration. For these reasons, I love to take it in the morning in my lattes, smoothies or health shots.
It is safe for most people, but be extra careful if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or have an auto-immune disease. Always talk with your health practitioner first.
Adaptogen Pink Latte
1 cup / 250ml plant milk (I used oat milk)
1 teaspoon beetroot powder
1/2 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder
1 pinch vanilla powder
coconut sugar or another natural sweetener, if desired
rose petals, to garnish
1. Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Measure all the other ingredients and add them to a tall jar or blender.
2. When simmering, remove milk from heat and pour into the jar/blender.
3. Blend your drink to create foam and serve it immediately. For this, if not using a blender, use a milk frother or an electric whisk.
4. Decorate with rose petals, cacao powder or any other ingredient of your choice and enjoy your drink!